Privacy & Legal
Effective Date: 07/21/2020
Labor Mobility Partnerships is a tax-exempt nonprofit organization under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code with public charity status described in section 509 (a)(1). Please see LaMP’s 990 Forms for 2021 and 2022.
Information we collect
- Our registration forms require users to give us contact information that may include name, email address, organization, interests, and similar information.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence, including your contact details, name, interests, and related job information. This includes any email correspondence with LaMP and job applications.
- If you are invited to or attend a LaMP event, we may collect and store information such as your name and email address and keep a record of your interest in that event and topic.
How we use your information
We use your personal information for various purposes, including:
- to contact you, including to respond to your inquiries;
- to send fundraising solicitations;
- to send you our newsletters, topic updates, and event invites, at your request;
- to maintain, operate, customize, and improve our Services;
- to comply with law enforcement and maintain our security; or
- as otherwise disclosed at the time of collection or use.
You may unsubscribe from our email communications at any time by emailing us at email@example.com or via the link in any LaMP email. You may request to remove your personal information at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We do not use automatic decision-making or engage in profiling.
If a situation arises where we intend to use your personal information for any reason beyond its original purpose, we will notify you and provide additional information ahead of time.
For international visitors
This section applies to those that visit our Services from the European Economic Area, the United Kingdom, and Switzerland.
LaMP processes personal information with your consent (e.g., when LaMP processes personal information to provide Services you request). On other occasions, LaMP may process personal information when it needs to do this to fulfill a contract (e.g., to process your registration with our product) or where required to do this by law. If necessary, LaMP may also process personal information when it is in LaMP legitimate interests to do this (e.g., for customer service) and when these interests are not overridden by your data protection rights.
Please be aware that the personal information we collect may be transferred to and maintained on servers or databases located outside your state, province, country, or other jurisdiction, where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your location. If you are located outside of the United States, please be advised that we process and store personal information in the United States.
You have a right to the following:
- to request access to the personal information we hold about you;
- to request that we rectify or erase your personal information;
- to request that we restrict or block the processing of your personal information;
- under certain circumstances, to receive personal information about you that we store and transmit to another without hindrance from us, including requesting that we provide your personal information directly to another, i.e., a right to data portability; and
- where we previously obtained your consent, to withdraw consent to processing your personal information.
To exercise these rights, contact us via the “Contact Us” section below. Please be aware that LaMP may be unable to afford these rights to you under certain circumstances, such as if we are legally prevented from doing so.
Additionally, you have the right to lodge a complaint against us. To do so, contact the supervisory authority in your country of residence.
How long your information is stored
The personal information you provide will be kept on our database for as long as is reasonably required for the purpose(s) for which it was submitted.
The criteria used to determine the period of storage of information is: (i) the respective statutory retention period; (ii) our contractual and/or business relationships with you; (iii) (potential) disputes; and (iv) any guidelines issued by relevant supervisory authorities. After expiration of that period, the corresponding information is routinely deleted, as long as it is no longer necessary for the fulfillment of a contract or the initiation of a contract.
If you apply for a job with LaMP we will keep your application materials on file, including any voluntary demographic data you may include with your submission, for up to one year. You may request your application materials be removed at any time by emailing us at email@example.com.
Our Site contains links to other websites. Please note that when you click on one of these links, you are entering another website for which Labor Mobility Partnerships has no responsibility. We encourage you to read the privacy policies on all such sites as their policies may be different than ours.
The Site may also include integrated social media tools or “plug-ins,” such as social networking tools offered by third parties. If you use these tools to share information or you otherwise interact with social media features on the Site, those social media companies may collect information about you and may use and share such information in accordance with your account settings, including by sharing such information with the general public. Your interactions with third-party social media companies and the use of their features are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide those features. We encourage you to read the privacy policies for any social media accounts you create and use.
Updates to policy